Post-Doc position at the Institute of Geodesy and Cartography, Centre of Geodesy and Geodynamics, Warsaw, Poland
ORGANISATION/COMPANY: Institute of Geodesy and Cartography, Centre of Geodesy and Geodynamics, Warsaw, Poland.
- PhD degree in geodesy or related fields, obtained less than 7 years before employment for SONATA 13 project, subject to maternity extension according to NCN regulations,
- Strong knowledge of the GNSS data processing using a scientific software (e.g. the Bernese GNSS Software, GAMIT-GLOBK, GIPSY-OASIS II),
- Basic knowledge of gravity dedicated satellite missions, e.g. Gravity
- Recovery and Climate Experiment (GRACE) satellite mission,
- Basic knowledge of the determination and modelling of gravity/mass functionals and their temporal variations,
- Good experience in a high-level programming language (e.g. a Matlab software),
- Ability and willingness to develop new research tasks related to thesubject of the project,
- Good command of spoken and written English language.
The main aim of this project is to comprehensively analyse and develop a methodology for combining GRACE-type mission data and national GNSS CORS (Continuously Operating Reference Stations) data for the determination of
temporal mass variations within the Earth system on a regional/local scale. The area of Poland is selected as the research area. GRACE-based GGMs, GRACE-based Mascons and GNSS data from the national GNSS CORS network in Poland, i.e. the Active Geodetic Network of the European Position Determination System (ASG-EUPOS), are considered as the main
input data for the project. The description of this project for the-general public can be obtained from the Polish National Science Centre (NCN) web page (cf. https://www.ncn.gov.pl/sites/default/files/listy-rankingowe/2017-06-15/streszczenia/383888-en.pdf).
The scope of tasks for this position:
- Collect, analyse and process daily GNSS data from the ASG-EUPOS CORS network,
- Contribute with the principal investigator of the project to develop a
- method for combining GRACE-type mission data and national GNSS CORS data for the determination of temporal mass variations within the Earth system on a regional/local scale,
- Contribute on other complementary tasks of the project,
- Participate in two publications from the JCR list.
Further information can be obtained by contacting the principal investigator of the project Dr. Eng. Walyeldeen Godah, (e-mail: email@example.com).
Type of the NCN competition: SONATA 13
Application deadline: 20/06/2018
Starting date: 21/05/2018
Working hours: Full time (40h/week).
Location: Institute of Geodesy and Cartography, Warsaw, Poland
Conditions of employment: A full-time employment contract for the duration of the NCN SONATA 13 project, post-doc/adjunct position, pay 5000 PLN /
gross month. The position is offered for 2 years, including an initial 6 months probation period.
- The application should contain the following documents/information:
- CV including scientific achievements, list of publications and contact information of three references,
- Letter of intent (maximum 1 page),
- Copy of PhD diploma (or equivalent),
- Candidate's statement that she/he is not financed from other projects of the National Science Centre,
Statement that the Institute of Geodesy and Cartography will be the
basic place of employment.
Please include the following statement in your application: "In accordance with the personal data protection act from 29th August 1997, I hereby agree to process and to store my personal data by the Institution for recruitment purposes".
Application documents (in pdf format) in English should be sent to Dr. Eng. Walyeldeen Godah (e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org)