- Join IAG! A new Membership Application page is now opened.
- International Autumn School "Nerograv"
IAG Sponsored Meetings
- 11th IVS General Meeting
- EUREF 2020 Symposium
- IGS Workshop "IGS 2020: Science from Earth to Space"
- 43rd COSPAR Scientific Assembly
- 2nd International Symposium of Commission 4: Positioning and Applications
- International Workshop on GNSS Ionosphere (IWGI2020)
- International DORIS Service Workshop
- 22nd International Workshop on Laser Ranging
- 19th International Symposium on Geodynamics and Earth Tides (G-ET Symposium 2021)
- IAG Scientific Assembly
IAG Related Meetings
- 3rd UN GGIM Subcommittee on Geodesy Plenary Meeting
- 6th High Level Forum on UN GGIM
- EGU General Assembly 2020
- FIG Working Week 2020
- AOGS2020 17th Annual Meeting
- International Symposium on Satellite Navigation (ISSN 2020)
- 22nd meeting of the Consultative Committee for Time and Frequency (CCTF)
This is good time to renew your IAG membership or join IAG for the first time. Individuals engaged in geodesy can become members of the IAG on application and payment of the membership fee. Students and retired people are exempt from the membership fee. Members have the right to participate in the IAG election process both as a nominator and a nominee and have a possibility to become a correspondent member in a Sub-commission or Study Group of choice. Moreover there will be reduction in the registration fee for IAG meetings.
Members’ voluntarily contribution to the IAG Funds are greatly appreciated. Funds are used for travel support for young scientists, to assist in the organization of IAG workshops in developing countries, and to provide annual IAG Best Publication Award for young scientists.
Membership application form can be found here.
Secretary General, IAG
International Autumn School "NEROGRAV"The International Autumn School "NEROGRAV" will take place 5-9 October 2020 in Bad Neuenahr (near Bonn), Germany. The school is organized by the Research Unit NEROGRAV (New Refined Observations of Climate Change from Spaceborne Gravity Missions) which is funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG). It will educate a group of 35 Ph.D. students and junior scientists in state of the art satellite gravimetry data processing and applications of mass transport data in Earth system sciences related with the global water cycle, the oceans, the cryosphere or the atmosphere.
Participation Fee will be 295 EUR, registration is required until1. July 2020 All details incl. flyer are available at https://www.bgu.tum.de/iapg/nerograv/
Jürgen Kusche and Frank Flechtner
IAG Sponsored Meetings
- 2nd International Symposium of Commission 4: Positioning and Applications, September 7-11, 2020, Potsdam, Germany, URL: https://iag-commission4-symposium2020.net/
- International Autumn School "NEROGRAV", October 5-9, 2020, BAd Neuenahr, Germany, URL: https://www.lrg.tum.de/iapg/nerograv/autumn-school/
- International Workshop on GNSS Ionosphere (IWGI2020), October 19-21, 2020, Shanghai, China, URL: http://220.127.116.11/geodesy/iwgi2020/index.html
- International DORIS Service Workshop, October 19-21, 2020, Venice, Italy, URL: http://ostst-altimetry-2020.com/home
- 22nd International Workshop on Laser Ranging, November 2-6, 2020, Kunming, China, URL: https://ilrs.cddis.eosdis.nasa.gov/about/meetings.html
- 43rd COSPAR Scientific Assembly 28 January – 4 February , 2021, Sydney, Australia URL: http://www.cospar2020.org/
- IGS Workshop "IGS 2020: Science from Earth to Space", early 2021, Boulder, CO, USA URL: https://www.igscb.org/event/
- EUREF 2021 Symposium, May 26-28, 2021, Ljubljana, Slovenia, URL: https://euref2020.si/
- 19th International Symposium on Geodynamics and Earth Tides (G-ET Symposium 2021), June 22-26, 2021, Wuhan, China, URL: http://get2020.csp.escience.cn/dct/page/1
- IAG Scientific Assembly June 28 – July 5, 2021, Beijing, China URL: http://www.iugg.org/meetings/assemblies.php
IAG Related Meetings
- International Symposium on Satellite Navigation (ISSN 2020), October 21-24, 2020, Nanjing, China, URL: http://issn2020.csp.escience.cn/dct/page/1
- 22nd meeting of the Consultative Committee for Time and Frequency (CCTF), October 26-30, 2020, Paris, France, URL: https://www.bipm.org/en/committees/cc/cctf/
- AOGS Annual 18th Meeting, August 1-6, 2021, Singapore,
Further details are available in the IAG Event Calendar at: http://www.iag-aig.org/events.
The IAG Newsletter is under the editorial responsibility of the Communication and Outreach Branch (COB) of the IAG. It is an open forum and contributors are welcome to send material (preferably in electronic form) to the IAG COB (firstname.lastname@example.org). These contributions should complement information sent by IAG officials or by IAG symposia organizers (reports and announcements). The IAG Newsletter is published monthly. It is available in different formats from the IAG new internet site: http://www.iag-aig.org.
Each IAG Newsletter includes several of the following topics:
- news from the Bureau Members
- general information
- reports of IAG symposia
- reports by commissions, special commissions or study groups
- symposia announcements
- book reviews
- fast bibliography