- REFAG 2022 - First Call for Papers
IAG Sponsored Meetings
- IGRF Workshop 2022
- EUREF 2022 Symposium
- Spatial Data: science, research and technology 2022
- X Hotine-Marussi Symposium on Mathematical Geodesy
- IGS Workshop "IGS 2022: Science from Earth to Space"
- 2nd International Symposium of Commission 4: Positioning and Applications
- Gravity, Geoid and Height Systems 2022 (GGHS2022)
- REFAG 2022
- Unified Analysis Workshop on Laser Ranging
- 22nd International Workshop on Laser Ranging
- 20th Assembly of WEGENER
- GGOS Days 2022
IAG Related Meetings
- COSPAR 2022
REFAG 2022 - Call for Papers
C. Kotsakis, J-P. Boy, U. Hugentobler, X. Collilieux, C. Bruyninx, Z. Malkin, Z. Altamimi, P. Rebischung, D.
Angermann, G. Wang, M. Lidberg, J.A. Tarrio, M. Craymer, D. Roman, B. Miyahara, M. Howarth
Local Organizing Committee
C. Kotsakis, M. Chatzinikos, Α. Bai, S. Psycha, G. Maltis, A. Pliatsika, D. Velissaridou, K. Griva
On behalf of the local organizing committee, I am honored to invite you to the IAG International Symposium on Reference Frames for Applications in Geosciences (REFAG 2022) which is organized by the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki under the scientific coordination of Commission 1 of the International Association of Geodesy. The symposium will be held in Thessaloniki, Greece on October 17-20, 2022.
REFAG 2022 carries on the tradition of previous IAG dedicated symposia on Reference Frames, aiming to bring together leading experts from academia, public authorities and private sector with young scientists and students, to discuss current achievements and future prospects of geodetic reference frames and their scientific and societal impact.
All details about the symposium, its scientific programe and venue are available at the symposium
The primary scope of REFAG 2022 is to address today’s theoretical concepts of reference systems and their practical implementation by space geodetic techniques and their combinations, underlying limiting factors and novel approaches for future improvements, as well as their impact to Earth sciences and their applications. In particular, contributions from the following areas are strongly encouraged:
- Global reference frames by individual space geodetic techniques and their combination,
- Space geodetic measurements and mitigation of their systematic errors,
- Geocenter motion and non-tidal loading effects,
- Earth dynamics and novel reference frame representations,
- Station kinematic models and position time series analysis,
- Terrestrial and space geodetic ties for multi-technique combination,
- Regional reference frames and related applications,
- Maintenance of regional reference frames in active tectonic regions,
- Celestial reference frames from single and multi-technique combination solutions,
- Comparison and combination of Earth Orientation Parameters by different techniques,
- Usage and challenges of geodetic reference frames for Earth science applications.
The scientific program of the symposium will cover all topics related to the activities of IAG Commission and its subgroups, including also other initiatives and projects which endorse the role of geodetic reference frames towards scientific exploration, sustainable development, climate monitoring and satellite navigation.
GGOS – UAW 2022
The Unified Analysis Workshop (UAW) 2022 will be held successively with the REFAG 2022 Symposium in October 21-23, 2022. The UAW 2022 is co-organized by the IAG’s Global Geodetic Observing System (GGOS) and the International Earth Rotation and Reference Systems Service (IERS) for the purpose of discussing issues that are common to all space-geodetic measurement techniques. For more details, see the workshop’s website: https://ggos.org/event/unified-analysis-workshop-uaw-2022/.
The symposium will be held at the Electra Palace Hotel, which is located at the heart of downtown
October is usually a period of high tourist acitivity for Thessaloniki, therefore an early registration and
accomodation booking is highly recommended. More details about accomodation options and special
prices for REFAG 2022 registrants are given at the symposium website.
Abstracts, presentations and papers
Deadline for abstract submission is June 20, 2022; both the guidelines and the submission portal are
available on the REFAG 2022 website. A non-refundable processing fee of 40 Euro is required for each
Each abstract will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee and its eventual acceptance will be notified by e-mail to the corresponding author by July 20, 2022.
Upon abstract submission, the corresponding author will have to indicate the preference for oral or poster presentation. However, the final decision on the form of presentation will be taken by the Scientific Committee during the abstract review.
Guidelines for the full paper submission for peer-review and related formatting instruction will be available through the REFAG 2022 website. Accepted papers will be published by Springer as a volume of the official IAG Symposia series, see the link https://www.springer.com/series/1345.
The following types of registration fees are available:
- regular registration 360 Euro
- young researcher (age < 32 at Symposium) 220 Euro
An additional 70 Euro fee will be charged to regular and young researcher registration in case of late registration (after July 25, 2022). The registration fee can be paid by bank transfer or by a credit card according to the information published on the REFAG 2022 website, and it includes:
- symposium proceedings
- ice breaker reception
- coffee breaks and light snacks
The REFAG 2022 is an official IAG meeting. Young scientistists from IAG member countries may apply for the IAG Travel Award to assist them in presenting results of their research. For more details, please see https://iag.dgfi.tum.de/fileadmin/IAG-docs/Rules_for_Travel_Awards.pdf.
The scientific programme will be complemented with a social one, including an optional social dinner in one of Thessaloniki’s fine restaurants.
The symposium is planned as a standard meeting with on-site attendance. In case of Covid-related travel restrictions, it will be possible to switch to a hybrid form (in this case, the registration fees for those attending online will be 50% of the standard ones). However, the physical form of the symposium will be strongly preferred.
We look forward to welcoming you in Thessaloniki!
C. Kotsakis (on behalf of SOC and LOC) March 2022
IAG Sponsored Meetings
- IGRF Workshop 2022, April 11-13, 2022 Leipzig, Germany
- URL: https://www.iag-aig.org/events/67
- EUREF 2022 Symposium, June 1-4, 2022, Zagreb, Croatia
- Spatial Data: science, research and technology 2022, May 23 – 25, 2022, Moscow, Russia
- X. Hotine-Marussi Symposium on Mathematical Geodesy, June 13 – 17, 2022, Milan, Italy
- IGS Workshop "IGS 2022: Science from Earth to Space", June 27-July 1, 2022, Boulder CO, USA
- URL: https://www.igscb.org/event/
- 2nd International Symposium of Commission 4: Positioning and Applications, September 5-9, 2022, Potsdam, Germany,
- Gravity, Geoid, and Height Systems 2022 (GGHS2022), September 12-16, 2022, Austin TX, USA
- REFAG 2022, October 17-21, 2022, Thessaloniki, Greece
- Unified Analysis Workshop (UAW) October 22-25, 2022, Thessaloniki, Greece
- 22nd International Workshop on Laser Ranging, October 31 – November 4, 2022, Kunming, China
- URL: http://22ndilrs2020.csp.escience.cn
- 20th Assembly of WEGENER, october 25-29, 2022, Marrakech, Morocco, URL: https://wegener2021.sciencesconf.org
IAG Related Meetings
- COSPAR 2022, July 16-24, 2022, Athens, Greece
- URL: https://www.cospar-assembly.org
Further details are available in the IAG Event Calendar at: http://www.iag-aig.org/events.
The IAG Newsletter is under the editorial responsibility of the Communication and Outreach Branch (COB) of the IAG. It is an open forum and contributors are welcome to send material (preferably in electronic form) to the IAG COB (firstname.lastname@example.org). These contributions should complement information sent by IAG officials or by IAG symposia organizers (reports and announcements). The IAG Newsletter is published monthly. It is available in different formats from the IAG new internet site: http://www.iag-aig.org.
Each IAG Newsletter includes several of the following topics:
- news from the Bureau Members
- general information
- reports of IAG symposia
- reports by commissions, special commissions or study groups
- symposia announcements
- book reviews
- fast bibliography